Knowledge Management Case Studies
General Practice Victoria Case study : General Practice Victoria (GPV) supports professional health service providers in Victoria by providing representation, advocacy, support, advice, information and resources. Presto is used in-house to manage documents and other resources vital to GPV's work.
Rail Knowledgebase Case study : Australia's Rail Knowledge Bank aims to provide a single, easily searchable repository for Australian and International rail-related information. This initiative was created to address the potentially serious and compounding problem in coming years of the widespread loss of industry knowledge through significant levels of workforce retirement and aims to create a vital resource for the rail industry including CRC for Rail Innovation Participants.
- TLISC case study : The Transport Education eLibrary, an online facility established at www.transportlibrary.com.au, uses Inmagic Presto software to provide access to a growing number of documents and resources. Also check out the article in Image & Data Management.
- NASA case study : NASA uses Presto and discovered a new way to manage knowledge. "[KnowledgeNet] has helped us organize and provide agency-wide access to mission-critical video and imaging assets allowing us to increase mission safety.”
- Ophea case study :Ophea is a not-for-profit organisation supporting schools and communities to fulfill the vision that all kids will value, participate in and make a lifelong commitment to healthy active living.
- Owens Corning case study : Owens Corning is a global leader in building materials and reinforcements. The company installed Presto to renovate research and reporting.
- R.V. Anderson (RVA) case study : RVA provides professional engineering, operations and management services. Presto was implemented to enable timely, accurate information access to drive lower costs associated with re-creating and re-capturing information. “Searching and identifying material that will support a project is significantly easier and the proof is with the 90% employee usage and up to 30% improvement in individual productivity across RVA.”
- Large Government organisation Case study : This large capital city of Canadian province is using Presto to enable easy access to the extensive digitalised Archives resources.
- Pharmaceutical industry Case study : This top biopharmaceutical company recognised the need to improve its communication of product information. Presto was selected to easily gather and logically organise its data assets into a single consolidated view for quick and immediate access by approved users via a web browser.
- Media industry case study : This publisher produces one of the top newsweekly magazines in the US. Presto was chosen to enable the company to meet the many challenges and to aid in maintaining its market leadership. The solution provides rapid access for all staff to up-to-date research and resources (including websites, RSS feeds, photos and social content).